Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Life is Swell

I know my last post was about how much I love my life, but I'm just feeling SO MUCH LOVE recently and I gotta let it out! My thoughts are going to be completely random, and I'm just going to type as they come, so don't try to follow my logic, because there is none.
It's springtime. Officially. Oh my goodness I can't even CONTAIN my joy for warm weather, happy animals, and blooming vegetation! I love Spring! And I love Easter! And I love celebrating the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ! And I love listening to prophets speak to us during General Conference!!!! I LOVE IT!

I sang along with Analee as she played the piano this morning. What a harsh reality check! I haven't practiced singing in a long time, and it's apparent! Also, I am dying to take piano lessons...again. But that'll have to wait until fall. Hopefully my brain can handle 40+ hours of PTA school and music practice as well.
Oh, which reminds me, I had my interview with Provo College last week and it went really well! The Lord blessed me with one of those crazy deja vu experiences, that testified to me that I'm doing exactly what I should be doing. Over a year ago, I had a dream that I was in a counseling office talking to this woman about school, but I didn't know who she was, or what type of schooling we were talking about. It was a very random dream. Well, on Wednesday I lived it, in real life, and the Holy Ghost confirmed that PTA school at Provo College is exactly the right thing for me.
Kayli introduced me to blogilates a few days ago, THANK YOU!!! And I haven't gone a day without exercising since then. I love Casey's videos. She makes exercising fun, and her workouts are insanely killer. I know it's working because I am sore every day, the good kind of sore, that makes you want to work out harder. Sweating rocks!
I highly dislike wearing jewelry because it's uncomfortable, restricting, and plain annoying. However, I recently bought myself a CTR ring (stands for Choose The Right) and guess what, I love it! I swear that wearing this ring has made me a slightly better person. I still hold the opinion that rings are extremely uncomfortable, but having the constant reminder to always "choose the right" is worth the pain.
I went to The Festival of Colors, or "Holi" with Kayla and Heidi on Saturday. We had such a blast! My favorite part was dancing barefoot in the Hindu temple and singing along to whatever the heck they were saying :) Then of course, we had fun throwing colored chalk at ourselves, each other, and anyone who crossed our path. Although my lungs may still be coated in purple dust, it was so worth it!
I made my first sale on Saturday! I can do it guys! I can sell Security Systems!!!! YAY! I owe a lot of credit to my boss, Rob. He helped me out a TON because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm so grateful he was there to help me! It's going to be a great and difficult summer. I'm so pumped!
I just cooked the most delicious pasta I have ever tasted in my life. I feel proud. I made roasted broccoli and carrots with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon. HOLY MACARONI it was heavenly. If I could eat this meal every day, I would!
I saw The Hunger Games yesterday! I cried when Rue died, and jumped when the giant pit-bull creature attacked Peeta haha I loved it. The movie was great, but that goes without saying that the book was far better.
At Smith's today, I literally "stopped and smelled the roses." There were all kinds of beautiful blooms of which I don't know the names, but they brought sunshine into my day. While I was there, an elderly man asked me why I like flowers so much, and he explained he was there picking out flowers for his wife because their wedding anniversary is tomorrow. He was so precious. I love talking to happy old people.
Side note: I'm in the middle of watching/laughing at the most ridiculously cheesy movie of all time called "A Warrior's Heart." Don't see it, unless you plan on making fun of it.
I bought a new hydration backpack so I'm all set to go hiking and exploring in the beautiful back country of Washington! Waaaa Hoooooo! I'm so excited. I already know that the only way I'm leaving and coming back to Provo is if someone threatens to take my life. ;) just kidding. It's not that I don't like Utah, it's that I already know I'm going to love Seattle.
And when I get back to Provo, I'm going to finally buy that bike that I've been dreaming of!
My visiting teacher/friend, Stephanie came to my rescue on Sunday when I was having a really hard time. I love her and I'm so grateful that I have a sister I can call on at any time to come running to my aid. She's such a sweetheart. Girlfriend chit-chats are so therapeutic sometimes.
I'm going Country Dancing on Wednesday night! YEeeeEEEeeee HaaaaaAAAaaaawwww!
I get to watch my roommate, Brooke, perform in a play tomorrow! She's majoring in elementary education, so this play is an adorable miniature one about penguins. How cute :) I'm excited to watch her! By the way, Brooke is simply incredible and I love her to pieces! Did I ever mention that we'll be living together in the fall?....that makes me feel like a lesbian to say that, but that's not the case :) I'm straight. But like I was saying, Brooke is awesome because she makes me laugh, and she understands me better than most people, and she's super down to earth. I'm definitely going to miss her when she flies off to New Zealand!
My hair is finally long enough to be put in a ponytail on top of my head like a palm-tree :) score.
Tara just shared a scrumptious Raspberry Lemonade bar with me! She's a doll. And her baking skills are spectacular. Now I need to go for a run and burn off this sugar high!!!
It's funny how we make all these plans for our lives and none of them ever seem to go our way. EVER. But I absolutely know that what Heavenly Father has planned for me is far better than anything I could possibly imagine. So I'll take it.
Life is wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment