Friday, February 17, 2012

squeal squeal squeal

DAAAHHHHHHH I'm so HAPPY!
I'll be in VEGAS, BABY in nine days! Waahoooo! I am stoked! The company I'm working for is taking us all on a pre-season sales trip, so it's going to require a lot of work, but don't you doubt that I'll fit in as much pleasure as I can!
My SAT scores are in! I ended up earning a much higher score than expected! 3 cheers for answered prayers!
Our apartment is sparkling clean! Ahhhh :) And I replaced all of the old yellow light bulbs with bright white beaming energy efficient ones! I LOVE light!
Yesterday, I ate the sweetest, most delicious red grapefruit my tongue has ever tasted. My mouth is watering from the memory. It reminded me of home<3 and our robust grapefruit tree. Then, I ate carrot chips, which also reminded me of home<3 and of yanking carrots out of the dry dirt garden my dad built along side of the house. Home-grown carrots are a thousand times better than store bought ones, btw.
All of this nostalgia made me even more THRILLED to be going HOME this weekend! Oh Sonoran dessert, how I've missed your warmth and soft beauty.
My plans for today consist of eating, exercising, and packing for our ROADTRIP!! We'll (I'm going with one friend and three strangers) be in Tucson early tomorrow morning :D and soon after that, I'll be playing with the most adorable boys in the world!
This Valentine's day was filled with love, service, and delight; what a sweet change from V-days past.
Yesterday was my last day working for All Purpose Cleaners! I AM FREEEEE! "free fallin, fallin....now I'm frrEeEeEeE free fallin, fallin" (I love ya, John Mayer) No more allergies, no more asthma attacks, no more beer spillage on my hands, no more hard-labor for little pay, no more reek of cleaning chemicals in my car. I am DONE.
I can comfortably wear shorts and short sleeves in 45 degree weather. Yesss. Our body's ability to change and adapt is phenomenal.
I ate pizza for two dinners this week. When you no longer have money for things like take-out or pedicures, pizza becomes a delicacy. Ohhh YUM.
I studied Alma chapters 40-42 in the Book of Mormon for Institute last night. TALK ABOUT POWER! I love the doctrines found in these chapters. If the English language had a stronger word than love to describe my feelings about those doctrines, I would use it. So, you might be thinking "what exactly are these things Andrea is talking about?" great question! So this guy named Alma, who was an ancient prophet, is talking to his son Corianton about the most incredible aspects of Heavenly Father's plan for His children.. Namely, the RESURRECTION, FALL OF ADAM, and the ATONEMENT. WOO! I get so pumped thinking about these things! Mostly because these truths bring peace to my soul. I know that in fact, "the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, are taken home to that God who gave them life." Alma 40:11 We will all see God again!!! It's so wonderful to know that because of Jesus Christ, my spirit and body will be reunited forever and I will never again have to experience pain and suffering. I also know that because I will see my Maker again, I must try and work and labor with all my soul to be worthy of His glory.   I love contemplating the infinite LOVE of our Father in Heaven. My mind is blown.
LIFE IS SO FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment