Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Angels

Sometimes I see them, my angels. Almost like a gust of wind, or a strand of hair passing by. But I know what they really are. I've seen these "things" my entire life, but never accredited them to be angels. I'd be driving and out of the corner of my eye, I could see someone in the passenger seat next to me. I'd look, and of course the seat was empty. I never thought I was seeing angels until coming here to WA. Now I see them at least three times a day. They're in cars, down the street, by my side, around the corner. Yesterday for example, I was feeling especially desperate and discouraged. It was past pick-up time but I wanted to continue knocking because I hadn't made a sale yet. I didn't want to give up until I closed a sale. However, my speech was getting slower, along with my feet, and I knew my chances of getting one were about zero. My emotional, mental, and physical capacities were close to extinct.The words of Christ whispered into my ears "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I dropped my head down, completely ashamed of myself for thinking that. "Who do you think you are, Andrea?" Then I saw a man watching me. He was standing six feet ahead of me, under a tree. "I can't have anyone catch me looking discouraged." I thought. My eyes shot up so I could send him a successful, professional smile. But when I looked, no one was in sight-there was nothing but trees, sidewalk, and houses in front of me. My heart swelled and I knew without a doubt that he was one of my angels. With tears and a smile I gazed up toward heaven and said humbly "thank you for sending angels. I can do this." Although I butchered each and every door approach I delivered for the rest of the day, I can proudly say that I never gave up. Angels were there to give me strength in my every foot step.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea this is beautiful. They're there with us so often, all we have to do it let them and they can turn our days around of even just give us strength to take one more step in whatever situation we are in. I love you girl, keep walking because....
    "I'd rather be knocking!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha "I'd rather be knocking" too! They've turned my days around more times than I can count! I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete