Monday, December 12, 2011

Food for thought


My friend shared with me some things that her Economics teacher lectured about. I loved it, I thought it was gripping, and his advice supported my recent thoughts almost perfectly.

For happiness and self-fulfillment:
1. Fall in love with something. Find a subject, hobby, or interest you love and get passionate about it! Let yourself spend time and money on it, invest love into it.
2. Women- don't make sitting at home as a house-wife your goal. Pursue an education. Men- you want the mother of your children to be educated, because she's the one who will have the most influence on them.
3. Feed the hungry, visit the lonely, and clothe the naked.
4. Participate in regular community service.
5. Become learners, risk-takers, and adventure-seekers.
6. Give generously to charity funds.

I believe this professor is wise in his counsel. He is a father of seven children, an Economics professor at BYU, and a Church Educational System Instructor. He got a degree in Business Management or something boring like that, but while he was in college he fell in love with Medieval Architecture. What an interesting man.

No comments:

Post a Comment