Monday, December 12, 2011

SAT time


I was an idiot in high school and decided not to take the SAT or ACT to prepare for college. What was the point of spending money on a test that I didn't need to take? My "logic" was that I was going to be a Hairstylist for the rest of my life, so I didn't need to go to a college or university. 
WRONG.

Now that I've been out of high school for two years, I am DYING for some good-old-fashioned-sit-in-a-desk-and-listen-to-a-lecture education!!! Working and saving money for a year was mediocre, but I am literally aching to stretch my mind and expand my knowledge. This hunger to learn has become so intense that I actually enjoyed solving some sample SAT math questions the other day!
Miss Andrea "I hate math" S. actually treasured doing math!!!!
The problems were difficult and tedious for my left-dominant brain to process, but it felt so good. It's almost as if I could feel neural connections being awakened in my brain.
Oh if I could only be back in a classroom frantically scribbling notes again, if I could only go back to burying myself in text books, study guides and flashcards, if I could only experience the stress of Finals again! What do I have to give? I am willing to go knee-deep into debt for these things, I want them so intently.
In the future, I may regret saying this, but I don't care about getting a degree. I don't care about choosing the most job-applicable major. I just want to go to college! I want to learn!
So what's the first step toward a college education? The ominous SAT. I'll be taking it on January 28th-wish me luck! In the meantime, I'll be studying like a mad woman. If you need me, I'll be in the library :)

No comments:

Post a Comment