Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Northwest Escape

After watching The Bachellorette season finale, I was itching to find out more about Jef's business that he owns. (and maybe look at more pictures of the hunk) Thanks to this grand invention called the internet, I found the People Water website and discovered all sorts of interesting things! Did you know that this company donates half of its revenue to build wells and provide clean drinking water to 3rd world countries!? Doesn't that make you want to buy bottled water exclusively from them? I became so anxious to give clean water to the world, that I searched for stores that sell "People Water." Of course, there's only one place here in Dallas that carries it, and that's Whole Foods Market. I had never been there before, so it was going to be an adventure!
What happened on this adventure came as a surprise; I fell in love. So you see, what happened was, I stepped between the parting glass doors, took a deep breath of the chilled, produce scented air, and smiled at the spectacular view before me. But then, my attention was drawn to my right where a tall, dark, and handsome man stood with a fresh locally-grown bouquet of flowers in his hands and a charming smile on his face. "My love, where have you been all my life?" he said. And then he swooped me off my feet into his arms and we rode off toward the sunset on his horse. Just kidding. That guy doesn't exist, and even if he does, I didn't fall in love with him at Whole Foods.
However, the falling in love part holds true. I absolutely LOVE Whole Foods! I have found my "Northwest" away from the "Northwest." I completely forgot I was still in Texas while being in that building! How glorious! Don't get me wrong, I love Texas, but I really love Washington, it's like a part of my soul or something. So I walked in, and I was practically jumping with delight. I did not hold back my enthusiasm either; there were full on giggles and gasps and giant grins the entire time I was in there...which was probably about 30 minutes. The workers there kept watching me because I didn't buy anything (the Allen location doesn't carry People Water) but I walked around the store at least 3 or 4 times. I was beyond happy. They carry all of the items I loved buying in Washington! Like milk without hormones, cage-free eggs, organic chips, local honey, all-natural meat, locally-grown cheese and fruit and vegetables, fresh herbs and spices, raw cooking ingredients, and so so so much more! For a while I just stood in an aisle and imagined I was back in Puyallup, only 30 minutes away from Mt Rainier and 40 minutes away from the city. Awhhh, it was heavenly. haha okay, I'm exaggerating, but only by a little bit. 
So if any of you have ever wondered what it's like to live in the magnificent Northwest, take a trip to your local Whole Foods Market, and just imagine being surrounded by that culture 24/7. That's the joy of the organic-all-natural-eco-friendly Northwest.
Next time I'm having Washington withdrawals, or I need an escape from good ol' Texas, I know where to go, thank goodness! :)



2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy and for a time, I feel closer to you!! I'll soak in some Rainier for you today -- it's clear, so we should see it. I'm probably going to visit Lisa with Josh & Megan so during the drive I'll channel Andrea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mention this in the post, but being there made me feel close to you again :)
    Awww yes please soak in Mt Rainier for me :) I miss it.
    And give Lisa a big hug from me! She's such a sweetheart. I wish I could party with all of you!

    ReplyDelete