Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hi, blogging world.

Ahhhhh! First ever blog post, guys! (who ever "guys" is)
Now, don't expect anything fancy or cutesy from me...at least for a few months, while I get acquainted with everything. Don't even expect my writing to be anything close to eloquent or beautiful.
I'm really quite shocked that I'm doing this, because I swore up and down that I would never be a "blogger" and would never "follow" any blogs. But once my sister started blogging, I was hooked. A little something inside me has been encouraging me to blog ever since I read that first post from Alicia. From that time on, I've been very timidly "following" other friends and family members through their blogs.
So what led me to start my own? Well, first and foremost, I'm making this for myself. Because I need to write in my journal, but I don't. I absolutely love writing in notebooks (I own about 50) with my favorite blue ball point pen, but my hand can never keep up with my thoughts. So instead of getting an emotional release through writing, I become frustrated and annoyed. Therefore, typing out my thoughts seems like the obvious solution. Alright, that makes sense, but why make my journal entries so public? One of the reasons is because I like to be accountable. I've realized recently that I don't follow through with things unless I'm accountable to someone. And being accountable to myself doesn't work, because I'm more motivated to serve and please others than myself. (Something I'm working on) Blogging makes me accountable for my words, because I'll be sharing them for potentially the world to see. This forces me to be honest, sincere, and vulnerable with my thoughts and feelings. Blogging also makes me accountable for making time to actually write, hopefully consistently. Whether someone reads my blog or not, knowing that this is public will make me want to write, share, and keep it updated.
So, hello to the world of blogging. I am here. This is me, and I'm ready....please be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment