Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sing, Andrea.

God has blessed me with the capability and desire to sing. Unfortunately, the singing world is brutal and competitive. Evidence of this can be found on basically every TV station today. For some time, I was so intimidated by the talents and work ethics of others, that I felt ashamed of what I had to offer. Yet deep down inside, something roused me to sing anyway. So I did. I've always sang in the car, in the kitchen, alone in my room, quietly at night, in school choir, and in church worship. Just recently however, I've realized that my voice is a gift, not for me alone to enjoy and keep hidden, but for others to hear and feel as well. God did not give me this talent and passion so I could entertain myself when I'm bored, or so that I could fill the house with noise when it's too quiet. He created this voice with the purpose to SING! To declare my testimony, to glorify His name, to express His love for His children in a tangible way. I'm a singer because primarily and indispensably, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

1 comment: