Friday, October 28, 2011

Lunch Break

As I barbarically stuff my face with a juicy turkey "mooyah" burger during my lunch break, I can't ignore this enormous sense of love and presence the Lord is sending my way.

At this very minute, wanna know how I know He loves me?

Because this burger is perfectly satisfying in every way.

Because it feels like Christmas outside :)

Because my friend called me today with the best news I've ever heard :)

Because I was born in a land that worships burgers, and all sorts of red meat.

Because He inspired a Southern California family to establish In N Out. And it's dang good!

And because that same family decided to branch out to all the places I've lived.

Because these two adorable kids, sitting at the table next to me, are teaching me how to be more Christ-like.

Because He created garlic and onions...the world's best, and most universal  spices.

Because He blessed me with a love and obsession with all things sugary, sweet, and delectable.

Because He continues to place angels in my life disguised as family, friends, and strangers.

Because objects better than money grow on trees...apples, olives, lemons, pears, grapefruit, cherries, pomegranate, you get the idea :)

Because Ruth Wakefield accidentally invented chocolate chip cookies over 80 years ago and I get to enjoy them now

Because He has spared my life, even though I've probably poisoned my body several times with salmonella, due to the hundreds of pounds of raw dough/batter I have consumed in my lifetime.

Because He speaks to me on a daily basis.

Because He blessed me with a big stomach and a fast metabolism.

Because He gives me opportunities to change, learn, grow, fail, stretch, and succeed.

Because right now, in this moment, inside this fast food restaurant, I can feel His love for me, and no explanation, no evidence, no reasoning is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment