Monday, January 30, 2012

Food is good

I'm in a dinner group (isn't that awesome?) and today was our first day. Thirty-three residents of my apartment complex gather in groups to cook dinner for each other monday-thursday each week. I'm responsible for cooking for 8 people on Tuesday twice a month. This means that I only have to cook dinner three nights a week! It's fabulous. Good food, great company, and much needed savings. Plus, it's an easy way to make thirty-two new friends!
There's something magical about 8 strangers gathering in one place to feed their stomachs. Inevitably, their spirits will be nourished as well. Between food-chewing-silences, there's smiles, laughs, and memories shared. There's a feel-good something in the air that we all sense, which effortlessly creates a cozy bond.
Food can be such a joyful part of life.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be a part of a food group in college! ...and hopefully Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAhhhh! Seattle :D
      I'm so excited for you to be in college! You're going to love it!

      Delete