Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thank You

I'm giving a shout out to all janitors, moms, dads, custodians, caretakers, maids, and anyone else who falls under the umbrella of professional cleaners: YOU GUYS ROCK!
I especially want to thank each custodian who humbly scrubbed every vomit-inducing-student-bathroom during my schooling years.
To my sister who partly paid for college by working as a janitor: My respect for you has increased by three-fold. I don't know how you did it, as squeamish as you are. You're remarkable.
And to those house-keepers who have always provided outstanding service during my hotel stays, I say thank-you and...I'm impressed!
Garbage man: you have a cool truck but still, a nasty job. Thank you!
Those poor souls who get stuck with the job of cleaning out port-a-potties, I'm sorry but also, thank you!
ABOVE ALL, to my mom and step-mom, I sincerely and deeply THANK YOU for never allowing me to grow up in an unsafe, unhealthy, untidy, or unsanitary environment. Our homes were, at their best: picture perfect, and at their worst: untidy. Thank you for teaching me the value of old-fashioned-put-some-muscle-into-it house cleaning. Thank you for raising me in a lovely and bacteria-limited habitat. And thank you for prioritizing your children's health and living conditions above your own desire to lay down and take a nap.

Okay, now it's my turn. I HAVE A JOB! YAY! Thank heaven my roommate found All Purpose Cleaners. Because of her, myself and A were able to get hired as well! I love working with two of my roommates; the three of us make a fabulous team! Wednesday was my first day. A and I cleaned a home in Spanish Fork. It took much longer than we expected, but the customer was exceedingly pleased with the results. That night, M, A, and I got to clean the warehouse of a scrap-booking company! What an adventure! The building was enormous, dark, and made eerie creaking noises but there were also gallons of glitter, hundreds of markers, and millions of decorative paper assortments to behold. This job required a lot of work, though. By the end we were very proud of ourselves and flat-out exhausted.
It feels so GREAT to be working again! I'll probably need to find a second job because this one could be considered less than part-time, but it pays well and I'm happy to finally be EMPLOYED once more!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Prayers are answered!! Blessings are true words straight from God! I knew you would be ok:)

    On cleaning: I did home cleaning for a long time! I enjoyed it too. There is something extremely fulfilling and refreshing about it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Prayers are answered better than I could ever wish for! Thanks for you faith and prayers on my behalf!

    Yes, I completely agree! Fulfilling and refreshing...perfect way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete