Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday

It seems that I may be developing a bad habit of not posting. This makes me sad :( But I only have time to write a quick update.

I've always loathed salespeople. I promised myself I would never date one, marry one, or be one. And yet, here I am reading "The Psychology of Selling" and practicing my door approach...evidence that God has a sense of humor.

I rediscovered my love for Failblog.

I love my roommates. They're awesome and beautiful and wonderful and smart and funny and nice and don't resent me for being the "Scripture Nazi" and we make a good looking temporary family.
[roommate picture should be coming soon]

BEWARE. Cleaning chemicals are hazardous and can cause serious damage to your lungs if large amounts are breathed in.

The best part of living on your own is eating what you want, when you want, as often as you want. At this moment, I'm eating a bologna sandwich (yum) with potato bread (yum) and dijon honey mustard (double yum) Each time I make a bologna sandwich I think of these three things, in this exact order, without fail. 1) coming home from elementary school and eating bologna with cheddar cheese, maybe a pickle depending on my mood. 2) The scene in "Blue Crush" in which Kate Bosworth makes a bologna sandwich and slaps on loads of mayo. (this scene makes me crave one intensely bad) and 3) "my bologna has a first name, it's o-s-c-a-r..."

Boys are lame. This is universally true; even in hot-boy-capital-of-the-world.
Speaking of, here's some advice for boys: most girls (especially this one) love flowers. Flowers are perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, or for no reason at all. However, pink roses on a first date may be interpreted as creeper status and a little too forward.

I love the Book of Mormon. Plain and simple. It's the most powerful witness of Jesus Christ that I believe exists.

Tomorrow is my big test day! I owe my good friend, Kayla a HUGE THANK YOU for being my math tutor. She was a patient and helpful teacher. I most appreciated laughing along with her about how ridiculous the questions were or how pathetic my math knowledge was. I'm not worried about the test, but I really should have taken this in high school because I would have been exponentially more prepared. Regardless, there's no sense in dwelling on the past.

Brooke and I went apartment shopping today for Fall semester and we both agree that living costs too much dang money! As well as, Provo apartments are the epitome of ghet-to!!! Who wants to run away to a beach somewhere and live off of sun, water, sand, and braiding hair?

Costa Vida's sweet pork is to die for. My favorite quote of the day is "if Costa Vida's sweet pork is in hell, but not in heaven, then I'm going to hell."

I'm extremely grateful for the people God places in our lives. Each person plays a specific and important purpose. This week, I'm especially grateful for my dear friend, James. He never ceases to teach me how to be more real, honest, sincere, genuine, witty, and full of life.

Each day I get more excited for the adventure that this summer is going to be. I strongly believe that every house should be armed with a security system. How rewarding will it be to provide families with the best security systems in the industry. I look forward to helping people protect the things they value most in life. I look forward to knocking on one last door even though my spirits are down and my feet are aching. I look forward to cheering on my friends and teammates as they succeed. I look forward to exploring every inch of Seattle I can and consuming as much fresh seafood that is humanly possible. I look forward to looking back on this summer and thinking "yeah, I did that. I worked my butt off, accomplished more than I thought possible, and had the time of my life doing it."
Also, I'm now a model for True Home Security. (I think that's pretty cool) When my picture shows up on their website, I'll let you know so you can check it out, or not check it out...whatever tickles your fancy.

Note to my future husband: can we please be one of those adorably precious old couples that still show age appropriate public displays of affection?!? Pretty please!?

2 comments:

  1. love this post!!!
    you're a model for them? hot stuff! i can't wait to see:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to be a model for the recruiting brochure, but I think they used the other model's picture instead, darn.

      Delete